Saturday, May 8, 2010

Nature Art

Last year, I came across the British nature artist, Andy Goldsworthy. Since then I've been quite interested in the use of simple ingredients to create a fantastic picture. This led me to finding other nature artists like Richard Long. I've occasionally gone to the forests and parks near here and tried my hand at making some pieces.
Here are some of the results thus far:

This one involved me breaking a dozen bricks apart and picking through a pile of gravel. Several attempts at symmetry later and viola!







One rainy February afternoon, while waiting for friends to complete a musical competition, I went to English Bay and while creating some original pieces, also copied one of Andy Goldworthy's ideas to a satisfactory result. Shell butterflies, shell flowers and a shell size gradient.

At another point, I went to the Deep Cove Bird Sanctuary and spent the afternoon intent on building inukshuks.


More whenever I fix my bike and go out this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment